Sunday, August 27, 2006

day 51

Well, while Faline's mom rested in the cooler today, I went back to the vineyard in the afternoon to retrieve my lost knife. Right before leaving last night I put it on the step rest to the truck bed, then drove off. I followed my tire tracks in the grass to figure out approximately where it might be, and on the second pass voila, there it was--I found the shiny blade under a clump of grass. Whew.

Tomorrow's deer butchering day. Should be interesting with the little Zs around. Wish me luck.

That's confessions of a knife losing deer sniper.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ernie said...

Better to find it with your eyes rather than your tire or worse yet someones foot. Is it possible the "sniper" is actualy trying to set traps for the critters now?

Wed Aug 30, 07:56:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home