Tuesday, July 25, 2006

day 19

The only confession for today is that I didn't get out to deer snipe today. We had some major thunderstorms roll through this evening around 6 or 7 pm, and I also had a errand to run for Mrs. Zaitsev downtown. So, we gave the deer a break today.

Photos seem to working well through Flickr, I'll post one or two here for laughs and giggles.

This first one shows the entry wound, which, in contrast to what I thought the other night, was pretty much where I was aiming, although maybe a tad low. I also think she must have turned her head at the moment I shot, because the slug appears to have gone in at a slight angle. The exit wound is clear in the second photo below.

What's interesting to me is that I absolutely could not find the entry wound the other night. Of course, I didn't spend oodles of time looking for it--but the exit wound is the only one I found at the time. Funny how the mind plays tricks on you.

Anyway, that's confessions of a deer sniper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home