Sunday, July 23, 2006

day 17

Well, got back on the horse again tonight and deer sniped for a couple of hours. I saw one uphill and far away in a neighboring vineyard just as I was driving in; other than that, nada. I spent the evening believe it or not reading a book called Survival Poaching that I've had on my shelf for a while (I think my sister-in-law gave it to me).

Earlier in the day I disposed of the carcass from last week in a secluded corner of our property, with luck the dogs won't find it. I also mixed up a batch of venison pepperoni jerky last night, um good.

With weekend travel plans, I may have to cease fire on the deer sniping after Tuesday or so. Not sure I want to keep a deer in the fridge drying out as long as the last one, but who knows. Some of it is weather dependent--last night was unbelievably gorgeous, 72 degrees at 6:30 pm and not an ounce of breeze.

That's confessions of a deer sniper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home