Wednesday, July 12, 2006

day 6

Well, call me a wimp, but I woke up dutifully at 3:15 am this morning, ignoring the pitter patter of raindrops on our tin roof, and paddled on downstairs where I made my coffee and then checked the weather report.

In a word . . . it was raining all the way back to Michigan.

I wrestled with the inner debate that always accompanies such momentous decisions. Do I drop the atom bomb or not? Do we invade France in Normandy or at Calais?

So I decided against sniping today, figuring there's a long season ahead. Of course, the coffee damage was done, so I stayed up and continued reading the current tome, Franklin and Winston: An Intimate Portrait of an Epic Friendship (hence the WWII allusions).

In the "staying close to deer and being the deer" department, I did make a very nice venison lasagna today that we had for lunch and supper. So my heart is in the right place.

Tomorrow evening? You never know. It rained absolutely all day today, and I'm glad I stayed home. Call me a wimp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home